Now we're speaking your language!
Welcome to Language Link, CM AHEC's innovative Interpretation Service. Through Language Link, we provide our clients with well-trained and experienced interpreters to facilitate effective communication in clinical and conference settings.
With the support of the MassHealth Access Program and the UMass Medical School, our language specialists facilitate communication between patients and providers within healthcare settings. It's our way of making a big world just a little bit smaller.
Central MA Area Health Education Center, Inc. (CM AHEC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and a member of the MassAHEC Network, founded in 1982 whose mission is dedicated to enhancing access to quality health care, promoting workforce development, and eliminating health disparities.
CM AHEC activities include:
- CENTRAL MA AHEC
- Multilingual Interpreter and Translation Services
- Medical interpreter training programs
- Community health worker training programs
- Community-based training for medical students and residents
- Health career recruitment programs aimed at underserved multilingual and multicultural communities
- Support of local community-based coalitions advocating for appropriate health service delivery systems
Language Link is a division of CM AHEC. One of the first medical interpretation programs established in the United States, Language Link serves as a model for the development and implementation of culturally and linguistically appropriate programming throughout the nation. CM AHEC is an approved vendor for Foreign Language Interpretation and Translation Services (PRF30). Language Link contracts with health care, social service, governmental, and corporate institutions to provide services including:
Medical and Legal interpretation
Customized medical interpreter and cultural competency trainings
Multilingual focus groups
|| Nancy Esparza